We're Looking for More People at SMASH 2019!
This year at SMASH 2019, we'll be running 2 booths this year - our normal one and also the merchandise side for Kadokawa. If you don't know who Kadokawa is, they're one of the biggest publishing companies in Japan who has a multitude of popular works. Chances are one of their titles are among your favourites.
As a result, we've found ourselves in need of a few extra sets of hands. We'll be looking for people for both set up days (Thursday 11 July - 12 July), on the day booth help. We're currently looking at 2-3 people on the day and potentially more for set up.
For Setup, we will typically set up from around Noon (Thursday) - 8pm and 9am to 8pm (Friday) - this will fluctuate on the actual day based upon the situation we're in. For the main event the hours will be 8am to 6pm. If there are panels or events you would like to attend, please let us know and we try our best to accomodate you. Once the event is over on Sunday, we'll have pack down usually for 3-4 hours.
If you enjoy working in a high paced environment and would like to find out what its like on the other side of the booth, please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject "SMASH 2019 Application". Please include a quick cover letter introducing yourself and your experience along with a short resume. We would prefer if you could do both the set up and actual days however, we will consider if you can not make both.
We will be closing applications next Wednesday (26 June) and contacting potential applicants shortly afterwards.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Cash Handling and Register operation.
- Customer Service.
- Booth Management.
- Booth Set up and pack down.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Basic arithmetic (We'll provide calculators but, if you can quickly and accurately calculate change that is a plus).
- Great communication skills and team player.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Good understanding of a variety of shows (highly desirable).
Whats in it for you:
- Store Credit based on your experience and availabiliity.
- Entry to SMASH
- Entry to Anisong (if required)
- Meals and food during the event will be covered